SCHOLARSHIPS , AWARDS & GRANTS
In 2013, MMCF spent over $45,000 on athlete scholarships and awards. Looking forward, MMCF is going to increase its commitments thanks to our sponsors and donors. Donations and membership information can be found on the Support MMCF page.
TEAM FEE & TRAVEL ASSISTANCE
Applications will be available later this winter and due by the end of June 2014. Awards will be made in July.
Team Fee Assistance Award
This award provides financial assistance and recognizes outstanding athletes and students.
Skiing athletes: the minimum level is U-10. Snowboard Athletes: the minimum level is Development Team.
Requirements & Instructions
- Applicant must be a Mammoth Teams (including alpine, free ski, nordic and snowboard) member in good standing.
- Students in middle or high school must receive A-F Letter grades or the equivalent. Minimum eligible Grade Point Average is 3.25. Students in elementary school must have Satisfactory or higher marks, or a teacher recommendation.
- Athlete must be currently enrolled in accredited and supported school curriculum. Post-graduate athletes are eligible to apply.
- Award comes in the form of reimbursement; the award amount is determined by type and amount of team fees paid by athlete for the 2013-14 season and will equal a percentage of that payment. Awards can be applied directly to 2014-15 team fees.
- A copy of the final grade report for the 2013-14 school year must accompany this application.
- Applicant must include a personal statement on a separate piece of paper.
- Award winners will be required to volunteer for MMCF a minimum of 8 hours during the 2013-14 season.
Competition Travel Assistance Award
Assists with travel package expense for out-of-division competition for qualified athletes.
Requirements & Instructions
- Mammoth Teams members in good standing and age 13 (as of 12/31/13) through age 19 may apply.
- Athlete must be currently enrolled in middle or high school, or an accredited and supported middle or high school curriculum with college preparatory courses.
- A copy of the final grade report for the 2013-2014 school year must accompany this application. Incomplete grades or courses will disqualify applicant.
- Travel assistance is only available for alpine, free ski, nordic and snowboard athletes who have qualified through their respective divisions. This covers most regional, national and international events.
- Financial assistance is available for athletes’ MMSA Team travel costs only, and does not include family travel and lodging. Please list events and expenses on the second page of this application. Receipts and supporting documentation are not required here, but may be requested as needed.
- Disclosure of other sponsorships or funds awarded to applicant must also accompany this application.
- Award comes in the form of reimbursement, following the meeting of the above criteria. Awards will be made in July, and may be applied directly to 2014-15 team fees.
Applications will be made available in Spring 2014.
MMCF has a limited number of Specialized road bikes available for team members age 13 and up participating in summer dry land training. Please email us for more information.
Mammoth Team members who are Mammoth High School seniors and plan to continue their education can apply for a small scholarship to be used toward books and school expenses. Students apply for this award through the school. Please email us for more information.
Athletes are nominated for this award by their coaches for demonstrating performance above and beyond normal efforts. A Team athletes exceed the goals we set in an environment of high expectations. They may achieve a significant result in competition, or they may make a major personal breakthrough in their training on the mountain. Recognition is performance based. A Team athletes are chosen for awards ceremonies on December 28, 2013 and March 15, 2014. They get nice A Team hoodies, too!
Academic Elite Team
This award honors our young athletes who excel in school as well as on the snow. In 2013, over 120 athletes qualified for the Academic Elite Team. Athletes who have completed 4th grade with a grade point average of 3.5 and above are welcome to apply. Please see the application for details, and note that athletes must apply for this award in order to be considered. Academic Elite athletes receive a certificate of recognition, a sticker, and Booky Joint gift certificate.
2014 Academic Elite Awards. The Academic Elite award ceremony is Saturday, February 15, 3:30 p.m. in the Mountainside Conference Center (MCC) in Main Lodge.
MMCF provides funding to organizations that develop and implement youth-focused snow sports and outdoor programs in Mammoth. Please email us for more information.